Flexible Pouch Filling and Sealing Machines
Massman’s automatic pouch filling and sealing machine handles virtually all types and sizes of pouches, including stand-up resealable pouches (SURPs), which have become very popular due to their low weight and on-the-shelf advantages.
Massman offers a variety of flexible pouch packaging systems. The GP line of pouch filling machines is ideal for small footprint applications, while the Massman Talon line offers a high-speed fill and seal with maximum flexibility.
HFS-IMI-1300, -1600, -1800 Inline Fill and Seal Machine
The HFS-IMI-1300, -1600, -1800 Inline Fill and Seal Machine for Pre-Made Pouches is proudly designed and manufactured in the USA. Designed for Filling dry products such as trail mixes, snack foods, powders, pet food and treats, plant food, cheese & more, this fill and seal system works with 3 and 4 sided sealed, Doyen/Gusseted, terminated gusseted side pouches with re-sealable zipper, Velcro or slider. This robust machine is capable of speeds up to 60 PPM depending on the product being filled and a pouch weight capacity of up to 10 pounds. Features include quick changeover for ultimate flexibility, Allen Bradley PLC, HMI, Servo’s, and AC drives. The system’s state-of-the-art design eliminates downtime and ensures trouble-free 24/7 multi shift operation.
Automated Bag Filling & Sealing Packaging Machine GP-M3000
High-Performance Automated Bag Filling & Sealing Packaging Machine GP-M3000
The GP-M3000 easily manages stand-up pouches, pouches with side gussets, flat-bottom or 3-side seal configurations. This machine effortlessly seals pouches with reclosable features, such as Press-to-Close Zipper, eSlider, and velcro. Massman Automation is General Packer’s exclusive North America Authorized Distributor.
5 Minute Read: Massman’s Tech Revolutionizes Cannabis Packaging Processes
Flexible Packaging Pouches
The term “flexible packaging” refers to any package or part of a package with a malleable shape, such as pouches and bags. These non-rigid product containment and protection solutions comprise single-use materials, such as plastic, metal, foil, and paper.
Flexible Pouch Packing Machines
Flexible packaging pouch machines comprise a framework based on standard pack formatting with customizable elements, such as pack sizes, product volumes, packaging line compatibility, and additional features.
the most common equipment for flexible pouch packaging solutions includes:
- Form fill seal machines: Form fill seal machines create large rolls of flat packaging material, shape the bags, load them with goods, and seal them shut.
- Fill and seal machines: Instead of forming the bags themselves, fill and seal machinery packs pre-made pouches with the product and securely closes them.
- Filling equipment: Filling equipment integrates with flexible packaging machines to measure an item’s weight and volume before dispensing the product into bags.
Types of Flexible Packaging Pouches
Some examples of flexible pouch packaging configurations include:
- Stand-up pouches: These pouches have an oval-shaped pocket at the bottom that allows them to stand up straight and a tear-off tab with a plastic zip-lock beneath it for resealing.
- Gusseted pouches: Gusseted pouches are stand-up packaging with indents on each side, giving them a square or rectangular base with folded-down tops sealed with glue and two tabs for resealing.
- Pillow pouches: These pouches comprise two flat, sealed panels that you can peel in opposite directions for easy opening.
- Three-side-seal pouches: These flat pouches are sealed on three sides with a tear-away lid.
- Sachets: Sachets are small, flat packets sealed on four sides for single-serve condiments.
- Liquid pouch packaging: Liquid pouches are clear packaging solutions that can come in numerous design variations.
Machines Offered for Flexible Packaging
At Massman, we offer a comprehensive selection of high-performance flexible pouch packaging solutions:
- HFS-IMI Inline Fill and Seal Machine: You can use our inline fill and seal machine to fill dry products like trail mixes, powders, snack foods, pet food, and more. It can achieve speeds up to 60 parts per million (PPM) and comprises an innovative design for minimized downtime and seamless, multi-shift operation.
- HFFS Single Clamp Flexible Pouch Packaging Machine: With this pouch packaging machine, you can fill and seal 100 to 200 pouches per minute. This machine measures 2 feet, 7.75 inches wide by 2 feet, 9.5 inches tall with a 2-inch gusset.
- HFFS Dual Clamp Flexible Pouch Packaging Machine: This reliable packaging machine can fill and seal up to 60 large pouches per minute. You can use it to form three- or four-sided stand-up pouches.
- Zipper Unwind Stand: The Zipper Unwind Stand handles zipper material with a 16-inch to 32-inch diameter at a maximum of 22 inches wide. This machine can handle speeds of 100 feet per minute.
- GP-M3000 and GP-WP10-4P Automated Bag Filling and Sealing Machine: Our high-performance machine seals many pouch types with recloseable features. Flexible, automated technology adds a high amount of value to your business.
The Benefits of Flexible Pouch Packaging Lines
Automated flexible pouch packaging machines come with many significant benefits for companies, including:
- Comprehensive pouch variety: Flexible packaging pouch machines can manage all pouch types and sizes, allowing you to use any packaging for your products.
- Small environmental footprint: Packaging pouches are highly eco-friendly, requiring less water and energy to develop and transport and producing less consumer waste.
- High production speed: Automated, flexible packaging machines have high-speed filling and sealing capabilities, resulting in greater productivity and throughput.
- Reduced labor: Because flexible pouch packaging solutions are automated, they minimize employee labor, save companies money, and reduce workplace injuries.
Interested in Working With Massman?
You can implement high-performing flexible packaging pouch machinery into your facility with Massman. We’ve spent over 40 years enhancing lives through automation, responsiveness, customer commitment, and continuous improvement. We use our extensive engineering expertise to deliver standard and customized systems designed to handle various products and applications.
Give us a call at 320-554-3611 or request a consultation today!
Learn More About Our Other Companies
Find other custom packaging solutions from our other companies.
Shrink packaging equipment for a wide variety of industries including pet food, dairy, personal care, food/beverage, contract packaging and rolled product.
Fully and semi-automatic liquid filling systems allowing for true "Pipe to Pallet" packaging operations. Serving the paint/coatings, chemical, lubricant and food industries.
Builds superior quality packaging machines including bottle Unscramblers, Cappers, Orienters, Retorquers, Lidders, Scoop Feeders, Pluggers and more.